How To Play Chess Like A Professional (5 steps)

Tutorials, guides and know hows for family, child bearing, human relationship and more

How To Play Chess Like A Professional (5 steps)

Postby GodKnows » 10 Sep 2014, 23:44

Many people love the game of chess but the structure and the movements of chessmen have made them conclude that they can't play chess. So even go to the extent of giving funny excuses like: "I prefer ludo" "chess takes time to play" "it a game for men" etc.

Chess is the simplest adventure anyone can embark on in this age and era where true adventures are no more.

Chess not just a simple game to play, it is enriching many people. Here I'll skip the history of chess and other stuff you can easily learn; I'll focus on how you can quickly raise your ability to the Pro level. Lest I forget, the image below shows the Nigerian chess female team at the just concluded 2014 Chess Olympiad in Norway.

It will take yours to rise to a Pro level without the understanding of the clues, I'll be revealing below:

[NOTE: How To Solitaire Card Game might be your next tutorial to view]

1) Buy a chess set and familarise yourself with the chessmen (also called chess pieces). Know their names: Rook, Pawn, King, etc.

2) Understand the rules of the game. How the chessmen move, what each terminology means (i.e: castling, check, pass pawn, flap down, etc)

3) Learn the chess notation very easy to learn and its your visa into the state of Pro.

4) Have it mind to begin the game of chess by dominating the centre of the board; that is how Pros play. The eight squares at the centre of the chess board represents the centre, so you have a high winning tendency if you can properly use your chess men to control the centre of the chess board from the beginning.

5) Before you make any move always think about what your opponent response to the move be (will his/her response favour you or not) and whenever your opponent make a move, think within your mind why has he/she made such move? What does he/she want to achieve with the move? Pros are not one sided thinkers and so you must not be.

Check 101chess.com for information about step 2 and 3.

Return to “Family, Human Relations”

Online now